National Preparedness Month is sponsored by FEMA and happens every September. It’s an opportunity to remember both within the emergency response community and beyond, that natural and man-made disasters happen and we must be prepared for them.
Over the years, Veoci has covered a variety of topics related to preparing for critical events. As we get ready to enter into September, revisit some blogs related to preparedness.
Get ready. Put together. Develop. Arrange.
No matter how you say it, it’s time to prepare for National Preparedness Month. Take a dive into Veoci’s preparedness-related blogs.
- While small actions like preparing a supply kit of food and water for yourself or your family are always encouraged, at Veoci, we believe that bigger acts of prevention can be accomplished if community members communicate and work together. https://veoci.com/blog/national-preparedness-month-simple-way-community-swiftly-increase-preparedness
- Every year, businesses, governments, colleges and universities, hospitals, and other organizations along the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Coast prepare for the inevitable arrival of storms and hurricanes, doing everything possible to minimize their impact. Read more about preparing for hurricanes. https://veoci.com/blog/start-hurricane-season-2018
- Disasters are unpredictable, but you can be prepared for when they strike. Build an emergency preparedness kit and maintain it to ensure you and those around you can respond. https://veoci.com/blog/personal-emergency-preparedness-kit
- In 2019, In honor of National Preparedness Month, Veoci decided to brush up on our internal company preparedness! Learn about the steps we took and see if they are ones your organization could benefit from. https://veoci.com/blog/national-preparedness-month-in-full-swing-at-veoci
- Earthquakes are as sudden as disasters can get. With the right preventive measures, however, we as communities can mitigate the initial and lasting damages earthquakes cause. https://veoci.com/blog/earthquake-awareness-month-preparing-big-one
- We all love our furry friends, but it can be easy to overlook their safety in times of crisis. Sometimes we aren’t even prepared ourselves, let alone prepared for our pets. Fortunately, there are some basic steps you can follow to ensure your pet’s safety during an emergency. https://veoci.com/blog/emergency-safety-tips-for-pet-owners
- A community with public evacuation plans is a more resilient one. Municipalities around the country should put their plans within their arm’s reach of their community to bolster preparedness and ensure a smooth evacuation when a disaster strikes. https://veoci.com/blog/evacuation-plans